25 years of Victorian CMAs-Actions and Achievements report
💧 For more than 25 years, Victoria’s CMAs have worked with Traditional Owners, partners and community to deliver land, water and biodiversity programs that not only protect and enhance landscapes but support thriving communities.
🐟The past 12 months were challenging and all CMAs have been proud to use our trademark reliability, leadership and innovation to support organisations, communities and individuals to keep moving forward for a better future.
In 2021-22, CMAs:
- Undertook 640,000 hectares of pest plant and animal control
- Created 1,300 publications to share knowledge and inspire
- Established native vegetation across 13,000 hectares
- Worked with landholders to improve environmental outcomes covering over 3,000 hectares of agricultural land
- Installed 176 kilometres of fencing
- Established 227 waterway structures to stabilise banks and improve habitat
- Attracted 30,000 people to events and workshops that focused on environmental education, sustainable agriculture and community action
- Maintained and established 1,000 partnerships with organisations, businesses and landholders
- Provided advice and approvals in response to 6,951 requests for permits, licences, leases and planning referrals.
😀😀 We’ve achieved a lot together and are only just getting started.
💙 The Victorian CMAs’ Action & Achievements Report 2022 is full of facts & stories of the people working for Victoria’s catchments.